The Purpose of the Foundation is to create, promote maintain and conduct a benevolent Foundation for the advancement of educational, charitable, and scientific purposes that fill human needs
The Foundation makes grants only to organizations that are exempt from federal tax under section 501(c)3, in Ada County, and not classified as private foundations under section 509(a) of the Code.
Six Areas of Focus
Rotary International is dedicated to six areas of focus to build international relationships, improve lives, and create a better world to support our peace efforts and end polio forever.
1. Promoting Peace
2. Fighting Disease
3. Providing Clean Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
4. Saving Mothers and Children
5. Supporting Education
6. Growing Local Economies
GBRF granting priorities address the areas of focus for Rotary International and cater to the specific needs of Ada County. The GBRF granting priorities include:
1. Support for fine and performing arts, including music, theater and dance
2. Educational opportunities for all ages
3. Health care and social services
4. Outdoor and recreational improvements
5. Programs that enrich lives and futures of youth
Grant Types/Application Process
The Foundation has established two different processes for grant application submissions
1. Large grants ($10,000 - $25,000) Ada County nonprofit Organizations are invited to apply for a large grant based on a Letter of Intent for a specific project or program in one of the six areas of focus.
2. Small grants ($500 - $2,500) After the large grant(s) are awarded, organizations are welcome to apply for one of our smaller grants.